Eligibility: Graduating Bachelor's degree candidate
Timeframe: One year
Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Analysts at this time.
Please email us your name, resume, and contact information, and we will let you know when a position is available.
The Analyst Program is an opportunity for college graduates to develop professional skills and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago.
Analysts use their communication, analytical and organizational skills to contribute to high-impact projects in education, criminal justice, healthcare, economic development and other special projects.
At the beginning of their tenure, Analysts participate in a structured training program focused on core consulting, analytical, and project management skills. As Analysts grow, they take on important roles supporting Civic Consulting’s client work with local government agencies in Chicago, Cook County and Illinois.
They also assist Civic Consulting’s leadership team with special projects and administrative support. Throughout the year, they gain exposure to a variety of public sector leaders through client work and networking events. Excelling analysts may have the opportunity to stay on for a 2nd year.
Examples of client work include:
- Conducting interviews of local and national subject matter experts and synthesizing findings
- Researching and synthesizing other cities’ approaches to urban issues
- Preparing client presentations and other research reports
- Analyzing budgets and other quantitative data
- Setting agendas and presenting in client meetings
Examples of special projects include:
- Organizing strategic planning sessions
- Recruiting to bring the best talent to support effective urban change
- Coordinating partnerships with Chicago’s business leaders and civic leaders
- Researching foundations and drafting proposals to secure grants
- Leading communications efforts including website and social media
Administrative duties may include:
- Arranging and managing events (e.g., audio-visual, location, participants, refreshments)
- Copy-editing presentations
- Managing database contacts and project records
- Drafting correspondence
- Scheduling meetings
- Have a strong desire to help Chicago and the broader region thrive
- Demonstrate significant analytical skills
- Be outgoing and eager to help in small office
- Be able to multi-task, and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Be able to think on their feet
- Have good presentation skills
- Be able to work comfortably with a wide variety of people at different levels within an organization
- Be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Analysts commit a minimum of one year. Compensation is $33,000 annually, plus vacation and benefits.