Associate Civic Fellow
The Associate Civic Fellows Program is a prestigious one-year opportunity for recent graduates to develop professional skills and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago. Fellows will assist Civic Consulting’s executive leadership team initially with special projects and administrative support. Over time, Fellows take on important roles supporting Civic Consulting’s client work with local government agencies in Chicago. As part of our onboarding process, Fellows participate in a structured training program focused on core consulting, analytical, and project management skills. At the conclusion of the program, many Fellows stay on for a 2nd year, while others choose to attend graduate school or join a public or private sector employer.
Examples of special projects include:
• Organizing strategic planning sessions
• Leading communications efforts including website and social media
• Recruiting to bring the best talent to support effective urban change
• Coordinating partnerships with Chicago’s business leaders and civic leaders
• Researching foundations and drafting proposals to secure grants.
Administrative projects may include:
• Arranging and managing events (e.g., audio-visual, location, participants, refreshments)
• Copying, faxing, printing
• Managing database contacts and project records
• Drafting correspondence
• Scheduling meetings
Typical client work includes:
• Conducting interviews of local and national subject matter experts and synthesizing findings
• Researching other cities’ approaches to urban issues
• Assisting in writing client PowerPoint presentations and white papers
• Analyzing budgets
• Setting agendas and presenting in client meetings
• Have a strong desire to help make Chicago a great, global city
• Demonstrate significant analytical skills
• Be outgoing and eager to help in small office
• Be able to multi-task, and be comfortable with ambiguity
• Be able to think on their feet
• Have good presentation skills
• Be able to work comfortably with a wide variety of people at different levels within an organization
• Be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Associate Civic Fellows commit a minimum of one year. Compensation is $29,500 annually, plus vacation and benefits.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
• Resume and cover letter
• Three references (references will not be contacted without first informing the candidate)
• One page response to the following: If you had the opportunity to assist the City of Chicago on a critical issue, which issue would you choose and why? What do you think are the critical components to solving this problem?
• Please note "Application for Associate Civic Fellowship" in the email subject line
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the Associate Civic Fellows Program at Civic Consulting Alliance.