Summer Civic Fellow
The Civic Fellows Program is a prestigious summer internship opportunity for Chicago-area graduate students to develop leadership skills, create a civic network, and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago. Within the context of a structured learning environment, Civic Fellows gain first-hand leadership and networking experience through:
- Completing high-impact projects for the City of Chicago, working side-by-side with Civic Consulting Alliance consultants and senior executives in Chicago government.
- Developing an understanding of key consulting skills as well as public sector policies, operations, and challenges.
- Regular interaction with high-level executives (e.g., Commercial Club, Civic Consulting Alliance Board of Directors, etc.)
- Candidates should be registered in a graduate degree program in business, public policy, public affairs, not-for-profit management, or other related degree.
Applicants should possess:
- Significant analytic, relationship management, research, and communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of teams in a complex political environment
- Track record of success in large organizations and ability to get things done in multiple settings
- Desire to serve the City of Chicago, its government agencies, and Cook County
- At least two years of previous work experience
Civic Fellows commit a minimum of 11 weeks from June through August. Potential exists for project-based work throughout the school year in exchange for class credit. Compensation for the summer program is $5,000 plus school matching funds.
For consideration for a Fellowship for the summer, the application deadline is January 14. Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume and cover letter
- Three references (references will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
- One page response to the following: If you had the opportunity to assist the City of Chicago on a critical issue, which issue would you choose and why? What do you think are the critical components to solving this problem?
- Please note "Civic Fellowship for Graduate Students" in the email subject line
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the Civic Fellows Program at Civic Consulting Alliance.