Summer Civic Fellow
The Civic Fellows Program is a prestigious summer internship opportunity for Chicago-area graduate students to develop professional skills, create a civic network, and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago. Fellows participate in a focused training program focused on core consulting, analytical, and project management skills. They are then placed on teams working on a specific, high-impact client project. Throughout the summer, Fellows will have exposure to senior civic leaders and peers who are active in the civic sector through a series of networking events. By participating in the program, Fellows will:
• Complete high-impact projects for the City of Chicago, working side-by-side with Civic Consulting Alliance consultants and senior executives in Chicago government.
• Develop an understanding of key consulting skills as well as public sector policies, operations, and challenges.
• Interact with high-level executives in the public and private sector
• Be registered in a graduate degree program in business, public policy, public affairs, not-for-profit management, or other related degree.
• Possess strong analytic, research, and communication skills
• Have the ability to work with a variety of teams in a complex political environment
• Demonstrate a record of success and an ability to get things done in a variety of settings
• Desire to serve the City of Chicago, its government agencies, and Cook County
• Have at least two years of previous work experience
Civic Fellows commit a minimum of 11 weeks from June through August. Potential exists for project-based work throughout the school year in exchange for class credit. Compensation for the summer program is $5,500 plus school matching funds.
For consideration for a Fellowship for the summer, the application deadline is January 13. Please send the following to email@example.com:
• Resume and cover letter
• Three references (references will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
• One page response to the following: If you had the opportunity to assist the City of Chicago on a critical issue, which issue would you choose and why? What do you think are the critical components to solving this problem?
• Please note "Civic Fellowship for Graduate Students" in the email subject line
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the Civic Fellows Program at Civic Consulting Alliance.