Tom McKone is helping address many of Chicago's environmental and transportation issues. Since joining Civic Consulting in 2006, Tom has:
- Strengthened regional planning
- Developed programs to create a more sustainable city (Zero Waste Strategy)
- Improved the operations of Chicago's transit system (Bus Bunching)
- Recommended improvements to Chicago's infrastructure (21st Century Commission)
- Supported the implementation of the Chicago Climate Action Plan.
Tom's work to improve the operations of CTA's bus and rail system using an applied performance management approach resulted in savings of over 500,000 hours/month among Chicago's bus customers and an improvement in rail performance of over 10%. In support of the Chicago Climate Action Plan, Tom helped create the implementation plan for the transportation strategy and worked with and agencies to develop their individual climate action plans.
Tom has a master's degree from the Harris School of Public Policy and a background in quantitative analysis and research.