Eligibility: Graduating Bachelor's degree candidate
Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Analysts at this time.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Resume with GPA and relevant test scores
- Cover Letter
- Three references (References will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
- One page response to the following: If you had the opportunity to assist the City of Chicago on a critical issue, which issue would you choose and why? How would you approach solving the problem?
Please note "Analyst Application" in the email subject line. If possible, please submit all application materials in one file. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the Analyst Program at Civic Consulting Alliance.
The Analyst Program is an opportunity for college graduates to develop professional skills and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago.
Analysts use their communication, analytical and organizational skills to contribute to high-impact projects in education, criminal justice, healthcare, economic development and other special projects.
At the beginning of their tenure, Analysts participate in a structured training program focused on core consulting, analytical, and project management skills. As Analysts grow, they take on important roles supporting Civic Consulting’s client work with local government agencies in Chicago, Cook County and Illinois.
They also assist Civic Consulting’s leadership team with special projects and administrative support. Throughout their tenure, they gain exposure to a variety of public sector leaders through client work and networking events. Analysts continue to grow professionally and CCA provides a clear path for promotion and leadership development.
Analyst responsibilities include:
Deliver exceptional management consulting services to Civic Consulting Alliance’s clients by (non-exhaustive):
- Interviewing subject matter experts and researching best practices to identify innovative solutions to local challenges
- Analyzing budgets, community metrics, and other quantitative data Preparing and delivering recommendations to clients
- Interacting directly with day-to-day clients, often while working at client offices
Collaboratively build our organizational culture and capabilities by (non-exhaustive):
- Coordinating partnerships and events with civic leaders
- Leading traditional and digital communications efforts
- Managing Civic Consulting Alliance’s recruiting and talent pipeline of future civic leaders
- Identifying and securing grants to support our work
Applicants should have these qualifications and attributes:
- A deep desire to address critical community issues and help the Chicago region thrive
- Significant analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation, communication, and client-facing skills
- Proficiency in Word/PowerPoint/Excel, familiarity with quantitative data analysis, and ability to learn and apply new technical skills
- Self-motivating nature, with ability to comfortably multitask and handle ambiguity
- Commitment to Civic Consulting Alliance’s core values: Collaboration, Impact, Leadership, Sound Judgment, Excellence
Analysts commit a minimum of one year. Compensation is $37,000 annually, plus vacation and benefits, and the start date is July 8, 2019.