Eligibility: Graduating Bachelor's degree candidate
Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Analysts at this time.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Resume with GPA and relevant test scores
- Cover Letter
- Three references (References will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
- One page response to the following: If you had the opportunity to assist the City of Chicago on a critical issue, which issue would you choose and why? How would you approach solving the problem?
Please note "Analyst Application" in the email subject line. If possible, please submit all application materials in one file. Applications missing any of the above documents will not be considered. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the Analyst Program at Civic Consulting Alliance.
For the problem solver who is passionate about improving the Chicago region, Civic Consulting Alliance provides unique opportunities to:
- Impact the lives of millions of residents in our region
- Develop your understanding of the public sector, current civic challenges in Chicago, and making large-scale, cross-sectoral change
- Fast-track your professional development
- Build connections across a broad network of civic leaders
- Be a part of a dynamic, supportive, and tight-knit team
Analyst responsibilities include:
- Deliver exceptional management consulting services to Civic Consulting Alliance’s clients by (non-exhaustive):
- Interviewing subject matter experts and researching best practices to identify innovative solutions to local challenges
- Analyzing community metrics, or crime, health, and economic data
- Preparing and delivering recommendations to clients with written and visual aids
- Interacting directly with day-to-day clients, often while working on-site at client offices
- Providing project management support on assigned sections of projects
Additionally, all CCA team members contribute to our organizational culture and capabilities by joining an internal team to manage our organization’s stakeholder engagement, communications, and recruitment efforts.
Click here for a more detailed job specification.
Applicants should have these qualifications and attributes:
- A deep desire to address critical community issues and help Chicagoland thrive
- Significant analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation, communication, and client-facing skills
- Familiarity with Word/PowerPoint/Excel, exposure to quantitative data analysis, and ability to learn and apply new technical skills
- Self-motivating nature, with ability to comfortably multitask and handle ambiguity
- Commitment to Civic Consulting Alliance’s core values: Collaboration, Impact, Leadership, Sound Judgment, Excellence
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (including demonstrated leadership and/or work experience) and cover letter
- Three references (references will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
- One page response to the following: Please draft a one page memo to the Mayor of Chicago about a critical issue in Chicago. In your paper, provide an overview of the issue, challenges associated with the issue, and your proposed solutions and recommendations.
Please note “Analyst Application" in the email subject line and submit all materials in one PDF.
For information on Civic Consulting Alliance's interview process and tips on how to prepare, please visit our Interview Preparation page here.