Minimum Experience: An experienced professional with a minimum of five years of business management experience. Experience with a strategic management consulting firm is preferred, but not required
Education: A Master’s degree in business, public policy, public affairs or related field is required
Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Associate Principals at this time.
Associate Principal Inquiry
Please email us your name, resume, and contact information, and we will let you know when a position is available.
An Associate Principal at Civic Consulting Alliance has the responsibility to work with public and private sector leaders across the region to understand the biggest challenges and determine the viability of change. Once identified, Associate Principals are responsible for leading projects, working with internal staff, public sector clients, and private sector partners. Associate Principals are also responsible for growing the long-term impact of Civic Consulting, consistent with CCA’s mission and values.
Associate Principals report jointly to the Chief Executive Officer and the Principals team. Associate Principals have an opportunity to:
- Lead high-impact projects for the city of Chicago, one of its Sister Agencies, the County and State, working side-by-side with Civic Consulting colleagues, senior executives in government and private sector leaders.
- Partner with senior executives in city, county and state government to identify challenges and develop solutions across Education, Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Civic Leadership, and Economic Vitality.
- Work with the CEO and Principals to architect solutions and oversee implementation.
- Manage partnerships with leading private sector firms and companies.
- Coach colleagues, and at the same time receive mentoring from civic leaders across the region.
- Serve on the Management Team of Civic Consulting Alliance.
Civic Consulting Alliance is seeking an exceptional individual who will demonstrate:
- Passion for achieving the mission of Civic Consulting Alliance.
- Ability to work in collaboration with a wide variety of people (public, private, non-profit sectors; Chief Executives, management and line staff) in complex environments.
- Track record of success in large organizations and ability to get things done in multiple settings.
- Significant analytic, relationship management, and communication skills.
The successful Associate Principal will show high competency in several areas:
- Client Relationship Management - Ability to build/develop strong and lasting client relationships based upon impactful delivery and strong communications.
- Proven High EQ - Strong abilities around self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. Ability to put one’s ego aside in the service of greater regional impact.
- Hands-on Leader - The proven willingness and ability to actively engage across all levels of an organization from senior executives in city, county, and state government to CEOs and Principals. Interest in building eminence and notoriety for Civic Consulting Alliance through interviews, public speaking, or social media.
- Mentoring/Team Building - Experience recruiting, growing, and leading a staff with a demonstrated commitment to growing their skills and confidence.
- Project Management - The ability to link together multiple projects, bringing the right resources at the right time, to create a clear path to impact.
- Dynamic Communications - Proven skills in gathering consensus, driving change, and effectively communicating across all organizational functions, levels, and outside constituents.
- Executive Presence - Expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to target audience with the gravitas to deploy talent from the most respected companies in the world in order to drive innovation.
- Culture Fit - Possesses the personal and professional qualities/attributes that align with the passion and mission of Civic Consulting Alliance. Focus on flexibility, entrepreneurialism, practical leadership, and a strong bias toward action.
For information on Civic Consulting Alliance's interview process and tips on how to prepare, please visit our Interview Preparation page here.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with “Associate Principal” in the email subject line. Note that we will not contact references without first talking to the candidate. For more information about the Associate Principal position, please see our detailed role specification.