Minimum Experience: 3 years of rigorous work experience with a track record of success
Education: Master's degree in business, public policy, public affairs or related field strongly encouraged
A lot is expected of a Senior Associate at Civic Consulting Alliance. As a Senior Associate, you are typically an early-to-mid career level professional with a graduate degree, a track record of success in large organizations, and the ability to get things done in multiple settings. High performing Senior Associates are on a path to promotion to Associate Principal.
Senior Associate responsibilities include:
Deliver exceptional management consulting services to Civic Consulting Alliance’s clients by (non-exhaustive):
- Leading high-impact civic sector projects, working side-by-side with Civic Consulting Alliance colleagues, senior executives in government, and private sector leaders
- Developing project plans and overseeing implementation
- Managing client relationships, working alongside clients
- Directing Civic Consulting Alliance staff and pro bono partner resources
- Preparing and delivering recommendations to clients
Collaboratively build our organizational culture and capabilities by (non-exhaustive):
- Coaching and developing colleagues while receiving mentoring from Civic Consulting Alliance senior leadership
- Supporting partnerships with leading private sector firms
Applicants should have these qualifications and attributes:
- A deep desire to address critical community issues and help the Chicago region thrive
- Significant analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation, communication, and relationship management skills
- An ability to work with a variety of people in a complex environment
- Proficiency in Word/PowerPoint/Excel, familiarity with quantitative data analysis, and ability to learn and apply new technical skills
- Self-motivating nature, with ability to multitask and handle ambiguity
- Commitment to Civic Consulting Alliance’s core values: Collaboration, Impact, Leadership, Sound Judgment, Excellence
For information on Civic Consulting Alliance's interview process and tips on how to prepare, please visit our Interview Preparation page here.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with “Senior Associate” in the email subject line. Note that we will not contact references without first talking to the candidate.