Director of Development
Minimum Experience: At least 5-7 years of senior-level experience and demonstrated success in business development and fundraising
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
Full job posting can be found here.
Unfortunately, we do not have a Director of Development opening at this time.
Director of Development Inquiry
Phone inquiries are not accepted. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (including salary requirements).
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development will be responsible for leading CCA’s comprehensive fundraising and donor management strategy. In collaboration with the CEO and Board, the Director will establish annual and long-term fundraising goals; work with CCA’s Board members and senior staff on the execution of CCA’s development strategy; manage day-to-day development operations; and serve as an external ambassador for CCA.
The Director of Development will:
- Develop annual revenue goals and plans to diversify and increase current organizational budget of $3.5 million through a comprehensive development strategy; track and report progress against development plan;
- Oversee ongoing communication, cultivation and stewardship of donor audiences;
- Coordinate all development functions, providing support and mentoring staff in CCA’s development efforts;
- Serve as a member of the senior team, leading ongoing strategic planning and goal setting.
Foundations & Corporations
- Lead efforts to identify, secure and retain new foundation and corporate support, including conducting outreach and giving presentations to prospective funders about CCA’s programs and impact;
- Coordinate, develop and track existing, proposed and potential grants;
- Oversee CCA’s grants management, including the coordination, development and tracking of existing and proposed grant projects.
Individual and Major Donors
- Lead efforts in identifying and securing new individual donors at all levels;
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with current donors to increase gift size and retention through donor events, online and direct mail streams and informal communication;
- Support Board, CEO and senior staff in their efforts to build and strengthen donor and prospect relationships.
- Provide strategic direction and support for the Board’s Development Committee;
- Work with all Board members to help them fulfill their development responsibilities;
- Prepare and deliver development reports, including plans, accomplishments and challenges, for quarterly Board meetings.
Management and Administration
- Oversee management and strengthening of development processes and systems, including recordkeeping, gift acknowledgments, renewals, mailings and calendar;
- Supervise and mentor staff who support development.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, making asks and securing new gifts and grants of six figures or more;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a successful, comprehensive fund development program and preparing an annual development work plan and calendar to achieve goals;
- Direct experience working with Civic Leaders, Corporate Leaders, and high-net-worth individuals;
- Proven experience leading teams towards common goal (direct reports and/or peers);
- Ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage new donor audiences;
- Exceptional writing skills, strong oral communication, relationship building and people skills.
- Knowledge of local and national philanthropic landscape;
- Demonstrated success in conducting initial outreach to prospective donors, arranging for organizational leadership to meet with prospects and successfully preparing them for those meetings;
- Experience with coordination and preparation of project budgets;
- Hands-on experience with donor software databases (Salesforce a plus);
- Be a highly-organized self-starter;
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, operating with high expectations and exceptional attention to detail;
- Have a proactive personality; no work is ‘beneath’ you and you are eager to serve others, rolling up your sleeves when necessary;
- Demonstrate mature judgment, with a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Value relationships and accountability, empowering others to achieve superior results.