Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Operations Associates at this time.
Operations Associate Application
Please email us your resume and contact information and we will let you know when a position is available
Civic Consulting Alliance is a private, non-profit partnership that invests more than $15 million annually to make Chicago and the region more livable, affordable and globally competitive. We build and manage pro bono teams of business experts, government leaders, and our own professionals. We lead long-term, high impact programs to improve education, criminal justice, healthcare, economic vitality and other aspects of urban life.
Civic Consulting seeks an enthusiastic, smart, well-organized person to provide operational support to a growing organization. The Operations Associate will manage the calendars of the organization’s busy Principals and provide support to internal projects and operations. The right person has a passion for the mission of Civic Consulting and will join us in continually improving our organization and increasing its impact.
Training and professional development:
At Civic Consulting, our most valuable resource is our people. Through training and coaching the Operations Associate will develop as a leader.
Projects and responsibilities include:
Supporting Civic Consulting Management Team in executing projects by:
- Scheduling external and internal meetings with a wide range of stakeholders
- Crafting, editing, and formatting correspondence to key external stakeholders
- Compiling and organizing materials for meetings
- Coordinating logistics for larger meetings
- Drafting and submitting expense reimbursements
Contributing actively to CCA's internal teams which include:
- Board relations
- Leadership Council
- Professional Development
- Events teams
Responsibilities on internal teams include:
- Producing a weekly project pipeline for management meetings
- Drafting a bi-weekly Board report with input from Management Team members
- Event planning and execution
- Tracking and communicating progress and meeting deadlines
- Maintaining positive relationships with employees, partners, clients, and funders
- Willingness to periodically work longer hours when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experiences
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience with a strong track record of achievement as a Program Manager, Coordinator or similar role
- Significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Conga and Access a plus
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interested in and able to quickly learn new software tools
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
Project management and productivity skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Completes tasks quickly and efficiently
- Effectively juggles multiple workstreams
- Zealous attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative, anticipates next steps
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
Communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with broad range of stakeholders ranging from senior executives to junior staff
- High degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Civic Consulting Alliance employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) pre-tax deduction program, transit pre-tax deduction program, voluntary life and long-term care insurance, health insurance, and flexible spending accounts, in accordance with the rules set out for all employees. Paid time off includes three weeks of vacation, two personal days, two swing holidays and nine standard holidays.
For information on Civic Consulting Alliance's interview process and tips on how to prepare, please visit our Interview Preparation page here.