Minimum Experience: Three years of work experience prior to graduate school
Education: Bachelor's Degree and currently enrolled in a graduate program in business, public policy, nonprofit management, or related field.
Deadline: January 21, 2019
The Summer Associate Program is a prestigious summer internship opportunity for graduate students to work in public sector consulting, create a civic network, and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago and the broader region.
Summer Associates participate in a specialized training program focused on core consulting, analytical problem solving, and project management skills. They are then placed on teams working on a specific, high-impact project for a public sector client working in education, public safety, economic vitality, or civic leadership.
In addition to substantial client work, throughout the summer, Summer Associates will have exposure to senior civic executives and peers who are active in the civic and private sectors through a series of networking events.
By participating in the program, Summer Associates will:
- Lead high-impact civic sector projects, working side-by-side with Civic Consulting Alliance consultants, pro bono partners, and senior leaders in the public sector
- Develop project plans and oversee implementation
- Manage client relationships, working alongside clients
- Develop an understanding of key consulting skills and public sector policies, operations, and challenges
- Interact with executives in the public and private sector
- Be registered in a graduate degree program in business, public policy, public affairs, nonprofit management, or another related degree Have a deep desire to address critical community issues and help the Chicago region thrive
- Possess strong analytic, research, and communication skills
- Have the ability to work with a variety of teams in a complex political environment and an ability to solve problems in a variety of settings
- Demonstrate a commitment to Civic Consulting Alliance’s core values: Collaboration, Impact, Leadership, Sound Judgment, and Excellence
- Have at least three years of previous work experience
Summer Associates commit a minimum of 10 weeks from June through August. Potential exists for project-based work throughout the school year in exchange for class credit. Compensation for the summer program is $6,000 plus school matching funds with participating schools.
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and cover letter
- Three references (references will not be contacted without first talking to the candidate)
- One page response to the following:The City of Chicago faces many critical issues: which issue do you believe is the most critical, and why? What are the components to solving this problem, and how would you address them?
Please note "Summer Associate Application" in the email subject line and please contact Stephanie Dolan with any questions. If possible, please include all application materials in one file. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining Civic Consulting Alliance!