The Executive Fellowship program allows seasoned professionals to leverage their experience to positively impact Chicago, Cook County, and the State of Illinois. Executive Fellows make a difference on the issues that matter most to Chicago and the broader region – better education, safer streets, healthier communities and an economy that works for everyone – by working alongside Civic Consulting's professional staff, private-sector partners and senior-level government clients.
This is a volunteer opportunity, which requires about 20 hours per week at a minimum. Work hours are generally flexible and require extensive client interaction. Weekly problem-solving sessions with the Civic Consulting Alliance management are required, as are weekly or bi-weekly client updates.
Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Complete high-impact projects for the city of Chicago, Cook County, or the State of Illinois
- Work with Civic Consulting management to define the problem, architect a solution and oversee implementation of the solution
- Work with senior executives in local government and gain valuable experience working within the context of a public-private partnership
- Typically 10-20 years of business experience, preferably in consulting or project management
- Masters degree in business, public policy, public affairs or related field
- Significant analytic, relationship management, research, and communication skills. Specific business skills may be required for some projects
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a complex political environment
- Track record of success in large organizations and ability to get things done in multiple settings
- Passion to support the mission of Civic Consulting Alliance
To learn more or apply, contact Daniel Thiel (312-377-6676).
For me, Civic Consulting Alliance was like an internship on steroids. It’s that kind of rigor. It’s not about the role you play. It’s about what you learn in a very short time. It’s about gaining experience you can leverage in your future career.
CFO and Director of Finance
Museum of Science and Industry
"After having a corporate career, I was looking for a way to give back, and get more exposure into the public or non-profit sector. Coming across Civic Consulting Alliance, I found that they were structured like the corporate world I came from but focused on doing good, driving positive outcomes for the city and the county."
"I had a long career in private industry, and I felt it was time for a change in direction. I was interested in exploring work in the non-profit area and Civic Consulting was a great place to get experience and meet people."