Unfortunately, we do not have any openings for Program Assistants at this time.
Program Assistant Inquiry
Please email us your name, resume, and contact information, and we will let you know when a position is available.
Civic Consulting Alliance is a private, non-profit partnership that invests more than $15 million annually to make Chicago and the region more livable, affordable and globally competitive. We build and manage pro bono teams of business experts, government leaders, and our own professionals. We lead long-term, high impact programs to improve education, criminal justice, healthcare, economic vitality and other aspects of urban life.
Civic Consulting seeks an enthusiastic, smart, well-organized person to provide operational support to a growing organization. The Program Assistant will manage the calendars of the organization’s busy Principals and provide support to internal projects and operations. The right person has a passion for the mission of Civic Consulting and will join us in continually improving our organization and increasing its impact.
Training and professional development:
At Civic Consulting, our most valuable resource is our people. Through training and coaching the Program Assistant will develop as a leader.
Projects and responsibilities include:
- Being an active, contributing member of the organization operations and administrative teams.
- Managing the calendars of busy Principals and occasionally others as projects require.
- Developing and distributing communications materials.
- Project managing recruiting efforts to bring the best talent to the organization through managing job posting, resume screening and recruiting events
- Supporting correspondence and communications with organizations’ highest level partners.
- Event planning and execution with the organization's partners.
- Producing weekly project pipeline for management meetings.
- Successfully tracking and communicating progress and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, partners and clients
- Learning new technology tools quickly and using them to increase the organization’s impact
- Strong desire to help make Chicago a great, global city.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Minimum three years work experience
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings and evenings. May need to work some weekend days on occasion
Civic Consulting Alliance is seeking an exceptional individual who will demonstrate:
- Passion for achieving the mission of Civic Consulting Alliance
- Ability to work in collaboration with a wide variety of people (public, private, non-profit sectors; Chief Executives, management and line staff) in complex environments
- Track record of success in large organizations and ability to get things done in multiple settings
- Significant analytic, relationship management and communication skills