University of Illinois at Chicago
The University of Illinois at Chicago, or UIC, is a major research university committed to providing a world-class education for its students.
Located in the heart of Chicago, UIC is the largest university in the Chicago area and operates the nation's largest medical school. The school's fifteen academic colleges offer a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees, from the arts and architecture to business administration to dentistry and medicine.
Undergraduate and graduate students at UIC work alongside faculty, taking part in groundbreaking research. UIC researchers have been internationally recognized in:
- Alternative, complementary and traditional medicine
- Biotechnology and biodefense
- Cancer biology and therapeutics
- Drug discovery, development and delivery
- Genomics and pharmacogenomics
- Infectious diseases
- Natural products
- Patient safety
- And more